1. Wonderful mountain view from Chisapani and Nagarkot.
2. Visit to Changunarayan Temple, the oldest temple in Kathmandu valley.
3. Experiencing the rich flora and fauna diversity of Shivapuri National Park
4. Enjoying waterfalls inside Shivapuri.
5. Breathtaking view of Kathmandu valley from its outer rim.
Chisapani-Nagarkot trek mostly takes place inside the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. The national park is 159 square kilometer in area. The park is the source of the Bagmati and Bishnumati rivers that flow inside Kathmandu valley. Bagdwar, the source of Bagmati river, and Bishnudwar, the source of Bishnumati, are religiously significant sites for the Hindus.
The national park is also the source of most of drinking water in Kathmandu valley. There are many large and small waterfalls inside the national park. The Shivapuri national park is home to many endangered animal and birds species. You will get a chance to encounter them on your way.
We will start our trek in Sundarijal, which is about 12 km from the city center. Sundarijal means beautiful water in Nepali. We will then climb uphill to Chisapani, which is a wonderful place for mountain view. You will get a beautiful view of mountains in the Langtang and Ganesh Himal range from Chisapani. We will follow the outer rim of Kathmandu Valley from Chisapani and hike to Nagarkot. Because the trekking takes place in the outer rim of the valley, this trek is also known as Kathmandu Rim Trek.
Nagarkot is a beautiful hill station located in Bhaktapur district. It is a go to place for mountain and sunrise watchers. Nagarkot has many hotels and guest houses. We will enjoy a wonderful night by the campfire in Nagarkot. We will descend down from Nagarkot, via the Changu Narayan Temple, and end our tour in Bhaktapur.
Route Summary: Kathmandu - Sundarijal- Chisapani - Chauki Bhanjyang- Nagarkot - Changu Narayan- Kathmandu.
Best Season: September to December and February to May
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani (2,300 m / 7,545 ft).
Day 04: Trek to Nagarkot (2,100 m / 6,889 ft).
Day 05: Trek to Changunarayan and drive to Kathmandu.
Day 06: Departure or extend your trip.
Important Notes and Safety Concerns
We prioritize your safety all the time while traveling with Ambition Himalaya Treks & Expeditions. We want our valuable guests and staffs to be safe thus we have given full authority to your tour leaders to modify, cancel or update any part of the itinerary if it is considered necessary due to safety concerns. Ambition Himalaya promises that we will do our best to stick with planned itinerary. However, natural disasters, weather disturbances, health conditions or any other mishap may force us to change the planned itinerary and we hope you understand these concerns. Our leaders will give you necessary information and discuss with you before changing the itinerary.
Day 01: Pickup from airport
Once you complete immigration formalities and collect your luggage from airlines, you will be picked up by representatives of Ambition Himalaya Treks. We will go to our hotel, where a cosy room will be ready for you. We will go for a typical Nepali dinner in the evening with company staffs. We will brief you about the trip after dinner.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
Kathmandu is known for its history and culture. It is aptly named as the city of temples. After having you breakfast, you will start a guided tour of Kathmandu Valley. The tour includes visit to world heritage listed sites including the Swayambhunath or the Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath Stupa and The Kathmandu Durbar Square
Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal and Trek to Chisapani
Altitude: 2,300 m/7,545 ft
Kathmandu to Sundarijal drive will approximately take one hour. We will start our trek from Sundarijal. Sundarijal to Chisapani trek takes about four hours. The trekking takes place inside the Shivapuri National Park, established in 2002. After a while, we will encounter a village of Tamang people - Mulkharka. From Mulkharka, we will descend down to our destination - Chisapani.
Day 04: Trek to Nagarkot
Altitude: 2,100 m/6,889 ft
You will see mesmerizing view of snow capped mountains to the North in the morning. You will have your breakfast and start the trek to Chauki Bhanjyang, which takes about two and half hours. You will stop here for an hour for your lunch. After lunch here, we will descend down to Nagarkot, the walk taking approximately three hours. On a clear day from Nagarkot, one can see the white Himalayan range, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west to Everest and Kanchenjunga in the east.
Day 05: Trek to Changunarayan and drive to Kathmandu
On the first part, we will do a 3-4 hours trek to Changunarayan. Changunarayan offers you a very nice view of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur area to the left. Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge, which runs into the valley. It is said to have been built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma. The temple is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. It is said to be the oldest temple in the valley. After exploring Changunarayan Temple, we will continue our journey to Kathmandu by a private car. It takes around one and half hours to reach Kathmandu.
Day 06: Departure or extend your trip
Today is the last day of your trip. We will shop gifts for friends, family and relatives in the morning. We will bid you farewell with a small traditional ceremony and drop you off at the airport. You will head back to your destination from here. You also have the option of extending your trip by taking part in other treks. It is advised that you tell us about your plan of other tours before taking part in this trek. In this case we can manage your tours better. It is possible to arrange tours and treks at short notice but you might have to face some inconveniences.
US$ 319/ per person (price valid minimum 2 person)
- Airport pickup and drop services by private vehicle including before and after the trek
- Accommodation in Kathmandu as per the itinerary / with complimentary breakfast
- Kathmandu sightseeing with private car and driver and Tour guide
- Kathmandu - Sundarijal by private car
- Changu Narayan to Kathmandu by private car
- All required trekking permits and necessary paper works
- Meals on full board during the trek [3 meals with 3 cup of hot drinks in a day]
- Seasonal fruits in the evening after dinner
- Accommodation in lodge in Chisapani
- Hotel accommodation in Nagarkot
- Trekking Guide [English speaking, eco-friendly, Government licensed, Ministry of Tourism Trained, First Aid Trained] with salary, foods, -accommodation, transportation and insurances
- Assistant trekking guide for groups over 6 people with meals, accommodation, salary and insurance
- First aid medications / medicines with the guide
- Necessary paper works, government and local taxes, company service charges
- Complementary welcome dinner in Kathmandu at a typical Nepali restaurant
- Sightseeing entrance fee for sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- International Airfares, Visa Fees($ 25 for 15 days, $ 40 for 30 days and $ 100 for 90 days), Travel and Rescue Insurance, Emergency Evacuation
- Bars and Beverage bills, cold drinks, mineral water, hot shower, telephone bills, laundry extra tea coffee
- Porter charges for trekking if you need
- Tips / Gratitude for guides and porters
- Any services not mentioned in Service Includes Section unless specified on booking of the trekking