US$, $1,099 Per person
* Private Tour Depature everyday
Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek -20 Days
Grade: Easy - Moderate
Accommodation, transportation and food
5,416 m/17,769 ft
1. Trek to the beautiful Tilicho and Gangapurna lakes.
2. Stunning view of mountains like Mt. Manaslu (8,187 m), Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Himchuli, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Dhaulagiri and others.
3. Trekking through beautiful rhododendron, pine and oak forests.
4. Beautiful sight of yaks grazing on the fields of Yak Kharka.
5. Conquering Thorong La Pass.
Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is the standout trek of the Annapurna region. Many trekkers miss Tilicho Lake while taking the Annapurna circuit. Some make it to Tilicho Lake in a few days of trek but return back from there without going towards Thorong La Pass. The complete circuit trek with Tilicho experience combines the best of both worlds.
This trek is very difficult and requires ample prior experience of trekking in the mountains. The trek is long and acclimatization is an issue in the thin air of the high Himalayas. What makes this trek arduous is the fact that we will first go to the altitude of 4,949 m (Tilicho lake) and then descend down to 4,040 m (Yak Kharka) and again move up to the altitude of 5,416 m (Thorong La Pass) in a matter of few days.
This rapid ascent and descent will drain your energy. Hence you should be much prepared before starting the trek. The beauty of the Annapurna region will however make you forget all the pain and trouble of the trek.
Tilicho lake is the highlight of our trek. It is a lake formed from glacial melts in the southern slope of Annapurna. Lake Tilicho is the highest altitude lake in the world for its size. The lake has a great religious significance for the Hindus as it is believed to be the Kak Bhusundi lake mentioned in the ancient epic of Ramayana. It is said that this lake was the place where sage Kak Bhusundi first told the happenings of Ramayana to the king of birds - Garuda.
Kak translates to crow and it is said that the sage narrated the story of Ramayana to Garuda in the form of a crow. The texts of Ramayana mentions that lake Kak Bhusundi was South of Annapurna and north of Nilgiri. The location therefore narrows down to Tilicho lake. Lake Gangapurna is another highlight of our trek. It is also a glacial lake like Tilicho.
Mountain lakes, deep gorges, sky-high mountains, Marpha village - an apple production center, hot water springs of Tatopani, Kaligandaki valley, Muktinath Temple and Thorong La Pass makes this trek a memorable affair.
Trip Route : Kathmandu - Besishahar- Chame - Manang - Tilicho Lake - Thorong-La - Muktinath - Jomsom - Tatopani - Ghorepani - Pokhara - Kathmandu.
Best Month: September to December and March to May
We prioritize your safety all the time while traveling with Ambition Himalaya Treks & Expeditions. We want our valuable guests and staffs to be safe thus we have given full authority to your tour leaders to modify, cancel or update any part of the itinerary if it is considered necessary due to safety concerns. Ambition Himalaya promises that we will do our best to stick with planned itinerary. However, natural disasters, weather disturbances, health conditions or any other mishap may force us to change the planned itinerary and we hope you understand these concerns. Our leaders will give you necessary information and discuss with you before changing the itinerary.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m/4,264 ft), transfer to hotel.
Day 02: : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and trek prepartion
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Chyamche (1,300 m/4,265 ft), estimated drive 8 - 10 hours.
Day 04: : Trek from Chyamche to Dharapani (1,960 m/6,430 ft), estimated walk 6 - 7 hours.
Day 05: Dharapani to Chame (2,710 m/8,891 ft), estimated walk 5 - 6 hours.
Day 06:: Chame to Pisang (3,300 m/10,824 ft), estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 07:: Pisang to Manang (3,500 m/11,482 ft), estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 08:: Acclimatization in Manang. visit Mountain view point
Day 09:: Manang to Siri Kharka (4,060 m/13,320 ft), estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 10: : Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4,140 m/13,583 ft), estimated walk 5 - 6 hours.
Day 11:: Visit Tilicho Lake (4,949 m/16,138 ft) then back to Siri Kharka, estimated walk 7 - 8 hours.
Day 12:: Siri Kharka to Yak Kharka (4,040 m/13,020 ft), estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 13:: Yak kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,420 m/14,501 ft), estimated walk 3 - 4 hours.
Day 14:: Thorong Phedi to Thorong La Pass (5,416 m/17,764 ft) and trek to Muktinath (3,800 m/12,467 ft), estimated walk 7 - 8 hours.
Day 15: : Trek to Marpha ( 2,700 m), estimated walk 6 - 7 hours.
Day 16:: Drive from Marpha to Tatopani (1,200 m/3,937 ft), estimated walk 4-5 hours.
Day 17:: Tatopani to Ghorepani (2,850 m/9,350 ft), estimated walk 7 - 8 hours.
Day 18: : Trek to Nayapul and then drive to Pokhara, estimated walk 7 - 8 hours and estimated drive of one hour.
Day 19: : Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu, estimated drive 6-7 hours.
Day 20: : Departure or extend your trip.
By Bus /Jeeb
Hotel in city and Lodge in trek
Breakfast in city &, All Meal in trek
Read in details what’s included and what’s not included.
- Airport pickup and drop in private vehicle.
- Kathmandu sightseeing with Tourist guide
- 3 star hotel with Breakfast in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu to Chyamje travel by bus ( you can take private jeep for comfortable. With extra cost)
- Marpha village to tatopani by bus
- Pokhara-Kathmandu on tourist bus.
- Accommodation-Breakfast in Pokhara.
- Nayapul to Pokhara drive by taxi
- Necessary papers and trekking permits ( ACAP permit and TIMS permit )
- 3 meals ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during trekking
- Seasonal fruits after night meal.
- Accommodations in lodge during trek.
- Well trained English speaking guides (including their salary, accommodation, meal, transportation and insurance).
- Porter throughout the trek – 1 porter will carry 2 trekker’s baggage. (Including salary, food, accommodation, and transportation).
- Basic equipment for trekking such as down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag and Ambition Himalaya t-shirt ( Duffel Bag, down jacket and sleeping bag must be returned after trek).
- First aid kit with guide
- Expedition taxes, paper works, and company service charges for the trek.
- A complimentary traditional Nepali dinner on arrival..
- Certificate of achievement can be prepared with the signature of
- company director and your local guide (only if requested).
- Overseas airfare and visa fees ($30 for 15 days, $50 for 30 days and $ 125 for 90 days ).
- Kathmandu Sightseeing entrance fees
- Travel, emergency rescue charge and insurance.
- Food other than mentioned above, telephone bills, tea coffee, hot drinks, laundry charges and shower fees.
- Wi-Fi charger and battery charging bill during the trek.
- Extra porter and activities outside itinerary.
- Lunch & dinner costs during Kathmandu stay.
- Extra costs caused by natural disaster, flight delay, early arrival etc.
- Extra incentives such as tips and gifts for the guides and porters.
- Any benefits not mentioned in ‘cost includes’ section unless indicated on booking.
- Lunch in Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Equipment you need to bring
- Pair of trek boot, sleeping bag, down jacket, pullovers, neck scarf for evening/night/morning.
- Sun hat and casual warm clothes for day.
- Some pairs of good quality socks, slippers, suntan lotions, personal medications etc.
Want to change this itinerary and create your own private experience? We will help you customize your holiday.Expert Help
* Private trip departure everyday
Why Choose Us
- Family Holidays
- Experienced guide & porters
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Personal care & best customer service
- All guaranteed departures
- 24/7 Support & no hidden cost
- Over 100 Holidays packages
- Competitive price
- Private tour depart everyday of the year
24/7 Customer Help
07:00 – 21:00 (All Days)