From: $1,120.00 Per person
* Private Tour Depature everyday
* Group Discount is Available
Everest Base Camp Trek – 14 Days
Meal, Accommodation and Transportation
2-10 People days
5,545 m/18,187 ft
Few trekking routes are comparable in beauty and thrill with Everest Base Camp Trek. Sky high mountains, spectacular glaciers, gorges, mountain valleys, ancient Buddhist monasteries and the unique culture of Sherpa people are some of the salient features of Everest trek. The rich plant and animal life diversity of the high Himalayas are other attraction while trekking to the Base Camp of Mount Everest.
Crisscrossing the ancient Khumbu Trail, you will be able to watch peaks like Mt.Thamserku, Mt. Nuptse, Bancharo Peak, Pasang Lhamu Peak, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Cholatse, Mt. Kangtenga, Mt. Tabuche etc. from a close range. We will walk along the banks of the Dudh Koshi river for most part of the trek. The lower belt of the Everest region is covered by rhododendron forests. The northern stretch, which lies at higher altitude, is full of Alpine vegetation. The places at farthest north, Everest Base Camp and Kalapathhar, are barren and tundra like.
You will enjoy a thrilling walk along the Khumbu ice glacier before reaching Everest Base Camp. EBC provides spectacular view of the mountains that are within touching distance. Kalapatthar is at a higher altitude. Mount Everest is seen between two mountain peaks from Kalapatthar - therefore getting its name as the shy mountain.
The itinerary for this EBC trek is designed at 14 days. It is two days longer than the 12 day EBC trekking and a two days shorter than the 16 day trek to Everest Base Camp. This trek provides a perfect balance between time required, thrill and rest opportunities. You will be accompanied by trained and highly experienced guides and porters who have taken the trip to Everest Base Camp many times before. They are also adept at emergency treatment and first aid.
Route Summary: Kathmandu - Lukla - Namche Bazaar - Tengboche - Everest Base Camp - Kalapatthar - Namche - Lukla - Kathmandu.
Best Season: September to December and February to May
Important Notes and Safety Concerns
We will book a chartered helicopter in case of cancellation of your flight but you're responsible for the cost incurred. Cost can range from US$ 200-600 or more. It depends upon the number of people in the flight and the distance involved.
We suggest you to add two extra days at the end of your trip to allow as cushion for unforeseen events. Always add extra days at the end of your trip and not at the start.
Please come fully prepared because Everest Base Camp Trek is extremely adventurous and challenging. We suggest you to buy insurance with Helicopter Evacuation coverage because helicopters will be the only evacuation means in case of altitude sickness and emergency during the trek.
- Spotting endangered animals and birds in Sagarmatha National Park.
- Breathtaking view of some of the highest mountain peaks in the world and the spectacular sight of
- Mt. Kusum Kangaru from Phakding village.
- Following the beautiful path of the DUDH Koshi River and crossing it on the famous Hillary Bridge.
- Close view of Khumbu Ice Glacier.
- Watching traditional agricultural farms, grazing pastures and yak sheds of the local community.
- Visiting fabled Buddhist monasteries and shrines.
- Close by view of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam and other mountain peaks from Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Flight to Lukla [2,850 m/ 9,350 FT] and trek to Phakding [2,650 m / 8,694 FT]. Estimated time: Flight (30 mins) and trek (3 - 4 hours).
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar [3,440 m / 11,286 FT], estimated walk 6 - 7 hours.
Day 04: Rest and acclimatization in Namche Bazaar also sightseeing
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche monastery [3,800 m / 12,467 FT] trekking. Estimated distance - 10 km, estimated walk 5 - 6 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Dingboche [4,400 m / 14,435 FT] trekking. Estimated distance - 8 km, estimated walk 5 - 6 hours
Day 07: Acclimatization in Dingboche and sightseeing
Day 08: Trek to Lobuche [4,900 m / 16,076 FT] . Estimated distance 10 km, estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Gorakshep [5,130 m / 16,830 FT], hike to Everest Base Camp [5,316 m / 17,440 FT] and back to Gorakshep. Estimated distance 15-17 km, estimated walk 8 - 9 hours
Day 10: Trek to the top of Kalapatthar [5,545 m / 18,192 FT] and Pangboche [4,350 m / 14,271 FT]. Estimated distance 18 - 20 km, estimated walk 9 - 10 hours.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar [4,900 m / 11,286 FT]. Estimated distance 15 km, estimated walk 6 - 7 hours.
Day 12: Back to Lukla [2,850 m / 9,350 FT]. Estimated distance 20 km, estimated walk 4 - 5 hours.
Day 13: Travel to Kathmandu by air (30 minutes) and night at Hotel.
Day 14: Departure or extension of trip.
5 car rides, 2 plane rides in kathmandu
5 nights in a house, 3 nights in a hotel
15 Breakfast, 13 lunches, 14 Dinners
Read in details what’s included and what’s not included.
- Pickup and drop service from and to airport in private vehicle.
- Accommodation in a hotel in Kathmandu with complimentary breakfast.
- Flight between Kathmandu and Lukla round Airfare
- All domestic airfare taxes.
- Trekking permits TIMS ( Trekkers Securities)
- Sagarmatha National park Entry Permit
- Meals during trek ( 3 Meals a day , Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Seasonal fruits after night meal in trekking
- Accommodation in Lodge during trekking
- English speaking guides with proper first aid training and his salary, meal, accommodation, transportation and insurance paid for.
- We provide Assistance guide over 6 People in the group and his Expenses
- Basic equipment for trekking such as down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag if you need, after trekking return us.
- Free Ambition Himalaya t-shirt
- Normal First aid kit with guide
- Taxes, paperwork and necessary documentation, and company fee.
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant [optional]
- Pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before the trek
- Worst case rescue and medical evacuation arrangements
- International Airfares, Visa Fees,($ 30 for 15 days, $ 50 for 30 days and $ 125 for 90 days)
- Travel and Rescue Insurance, Emergency Evacuation
- Emergency evacuation and insurance.
- Extra food, Bar and beverage , telephone bills, dessert, laundry charges and shower fees.
- Wi-Fi and battery charging bill during the trek.
- Cost of porter. ( If you need we arrange with extra cost)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control (Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek)
- Tips, gifts and similar extra payment to guides and porters.
- Things not mentioned in the ‘cost includes’ section.
Want to change this itinerary and create your own private experience? We will help you customize your holiday.Expert Help
Mount Everest lies on North part of Nepal starts from Kathmandu valley to get Mount Everest.
Mt Everest is a tallest Mountain of the world.Which lies on Northern part of Nepal.
During the trial, you can enjoy both national and international foods and cuisines like Tibetan, continental, Italian, and Indian. Typical Nepali ethnic foods are mind-blowing. You can also enjoy other foods like hot chocolates, drinks of different varieties and slices of bread and snacks. Breakfasts and dinner will be served on the same hotel/tea houses where you spend the night, according to the menu. Lunch will be served on the way where ever it remains suitable. Welcome and farewell dinner will be served in Kathmandu in full Nepali style.
Trekking gives us the splendid feeling of freedom as you can move at your own pace. Clothes and gears also play the vital role in making your journey either good or bad. So, it is very necessary to pack the bags with needed stuff. Some major clothes and gears needed are trekking poles, socks, shoes, boots, gloves, hats and scarfs, and so forth. For further information, you can check our article Backpacking Checklist.
The best seasons to trek to Everest are February, March, April, May, September, October, and November. In these months the environment remains supportive and skies remain clear. You can have splendid panorama within the few distances. You can also encounter exotic flora and fauna along with vast and unpredictable landscapes and ecosystem. You can also have the best snowy experience as there are chances of snowfall too.
It was really awesome being in everest base camp with the company guide. All the plans they made were accurate and trustworthy.
I went to Everest Base Camp with Ambition Himalaya Trek, We were 7 in the group, there was a 100% success. Ambition Himalaya Trek gave us the best experience, and looked after our every needs we had. Our safety was their 1st priority, they ensured we were always comfortable at all…
* Private trip departure everyday
Why Choose Us
- Family Holidays
- Experienced guide & porters
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Personal care & best customer service
- All guaranteed departures
- 24/7 Support & no hidden cost
- Over 100 Holidays packages
- Competitive price
- Private tour depart everyday of the year
24/7 Customer Help
07:00 – 21:00 (All Days)