From: $1,129.00 Per person
* Private Tour Depature everyday
* Group Discount is Available
Gokyo Lake Trek – 14 Days
Meal, Acommadation and Transportation
Min 2-10 Max People days
5360 m/17585 ft
1.Exploring the beautiful sacred Hindu Lakes of Gokyo
2.Hike to Gokyo RI to catch amazing sights of Everest ranges
3.Spending nights in Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Lukla, Phakding
4.Common view of ancient Buddhist monasteries, agriculture farms and Sherpa prayer flags
5.Amazing panoramic view of mountain peaks including Mt. Everest from Kala Patthar and Everest Base Camp
6.Spotting endangered animals and birds protected by Sagarmatha National Park
Gokyo Lakes are situated in Khumbu/Everest region and considered as most sacred by both Hindus and Buddhist religions. Gokyo is very famous among tourists and expedition lovers and making the way towards Everest Base Camp. During Gokyo Lake Trek, you will have the 360-degree view of beautiful mountain peaks.
Gokyo Lake is situated at the altitude of 4700 M to 5000 M above the sea level. This lake lies in Khumjung village of Solukhumbu district. The Gokyo Lake is sacred for both Hindus and Buddhists. Gokyo valley is one of the most beautiful landmark present in Khumbu area. In the Gokyo valley you will find Nepal’s largest Glacier “Ngozumba” and many other magnificent glacial lakes. From Gokyo you can capture the breathtaking view of beautiful mountain peaks like Mount Everest (8,848 M), Cho-Oyu (8,201 M), Lhotse (8,516 M) and Makalu (8,481 M) and much more. This 14 days of trek will give you the feeling of being in the top of the world.
Gokyo Lake Trek starts with an amazing fly to Lukla from Kathmandu. Lukla is the first step towards our beautiful journey. From Lukla we will start our impressive journey towards marvelous Himalayas of Everest region.
Some people say Gokyo Lake is most beautiful and peaceful than Everest Base Camp. On the way you will encounter ancient buddhist monasteries, Sherpa localities and their traditional agriculture farms and of course the Yaks - means of transportation in Everest region. Gokyo Lake trekking is designed by taking consideration of very beginner trekkers. The route is prepared with full acclimatization duration by our widely experienced guides. Please feel free to contact us or chat with us for full information regarding the prepared route alternative paths.
Trip Route : Kathmandu-Lukla-Namche Bazzar- Dole- Gokyo Lake -Namche-Lukla-Kathmandu
Best Month: September to December and March to May
Important Notes and Safety Concerns
If your flight is cancelled we will attempt to get you on a chartered helicopter but you are responsible for the extra costs which can range from $200-$600 or more depending on the number of people on the flight.
We suggest you to add a couple of extra days at the end (never at the start) of your trip in case of any delays.
Trekking is not just walking. Some of our trips are extremely adventurous. We kindly request you to come well prepared before these extreme treks. Buying proper and reliable insurance coverage with Helicopter Evacuation on emergency is the most important thing before starting the adventures. On serious injuries or sickness Helicopters can be the only means of evacuation.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Pickup from the Airport and placement to the respective Hotels in Kathmandu ( 1300m)
Day 02: Preparation of the trip, explore the town
Day 03: Fly to Lukla & trek to Phakding
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar, explore around
Day 06: Trek to Dole
Day 07: Trek to Machhermo
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake
Day 09: Hike to Gokyo Ri
Day 10: Trek back to Dole
Day 11: Trek to Monjo
Day 12: Trek to Lukla
Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel
Day 14: Departure or extend your trip
By Bus and Jeeb
Hotel and Lodge
Breakfast , Dinner
Read in details what’s included and what’s not included.
- Pickup-Drop from/to airport in private vehicle.
- Kathmandu accommodation. Complimentary breakfast.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu air ticket.
- All domestic airfare taxes.
- Trekking permits and necessary documents.
- Full day meal plan consisting of 3 meals and 3 cups of hot drinks per day.
- Seasonal fruits after night meal.
- Accommodation in lodge during trekking.
- Well trained English speaking guides (including their salary, accommodation, meal, transportation and insurance).
- For groups over 6 people – assistant guide (including their salary, accommodation, meal, tramsportation and insurance).
- Porters throughout the trek – 1 porter will carry 2 trekker’s baggage. (Including salary, food, accommodation, and transportation).
- Basic equipment for trekking such as down jacket, sleeping bag, duffel bag and Ambition Himalaya t-shirt ( Duffel Bag, down jacket and sleeping bag must be returned after trek).
- First aid kit.
- Expedition taxes, paper works, and company service charges for the trek.
- A complimentary traditional Nepali dinner on arrival..
- Certificate of achievement can be prepared with the signature of company director and your local guide (only if requested).
- Overseas airfare and visa fees ($25 for 15 days, $40 for 30 days and $ 100 for 90 days ).
- Travel, emergency rescue charge and insurance.
- Food other than mentioned above, telephone bills, laundry charges and hot shower fees.
- Wi-Fi charger and battery charging bill during the trek.
- Extra porter and activities outside itinerary.
- Lunch & dinner costs during Kathmandu stay.
- Extra costs caused by natural disaster, flight delay, early arrival etc.
- Extra incentives such as tips and gifts for the guides and porters.
- Any benefits not mentioned in ‘cost includes’ section unless indicated on booking.
Want to change this itinerary and create your own private experience? We will help you customize your holiday.Expert Help
s with most treks in the region, it is best to avoid the peak of summer when the monsoon season is at its zenith by trekking in the shoulder months either side of it. During these months, the weather tends to be stable and dry – making for good trekking and sightseeing conditions.
The pre-monsoon months of February to May are a popular time when the mountain is at its greenest. September to October are considered the best months to trek on the other side of summer.
Trekking during peak season should not be much of an issue on the Gokyo Lakes to Everest Base Camp trek as the route avoids the crowds of people tackling the classic trek.
If the classic Everest trek is considered an easy trek, then the Gokyo Lakes variation may be considered moderate. While no previous trekking experience is required, the trek does involve 5-7 hours of trekking per day on hilly/rocky terrain at high altitudes. Much of the trek is spent above 4,000m and altitudes of over 5,500m are reached when traversing passes and trekking peaks.
We do recommend training a few weeks to months beforehand so that you will be comfortable walking similar distances on the trek
awesome to be with you gus and miss you all. i think i was more lucky to visit Gokyo lake with you guys.
USD, $1,129.00/Per person
* Private trip departure everyday
* Group Discount is Available
Why Choose Us
- Family Holidays
- Experienced guide & porters
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Personal care & best customer service
- All guaranteed departures
- 24/7 Support & no hidden cost
- Over 100 Holidays packages
- Competitive price
- Private tour depart everyday of the year
24/7 Customer Help
07:00 – 21:00 (All Days)