US$, $650 Per person
* Private Tour Depature everyday
Kathmandu -Chitwan -Poonhill Tour -12 days
Meal, Accommodation, and Transportation
Min.1- 40 person
3,210 m/10,531 ft
1. Visiting historic temples, palaces and stupas in the three cities - Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur - of Kathmandu Valley.
2. Jungle safari in Chitwan National Park and spotting rare wild animals - including the Royal Bengal Tiger.
3. Watching cultural dance of the Tharu people in Sauraha, Chitwan.
4. Visit to the Annapurna Sanctuary and trekking inside dense Rhododendron forests.
5. Panoramic mountain view from Poon Hill.
6. Homestay experience with the Gurung people in the Annapurna region.
Kathmandu-Chitwan-Poon Hill tour is a perfect package for those looking for a mix of trek and tour. This travel plan will take you to the three top tourist destinations of Nepal - Kathmandu, Chitwan and Pokhara.
The first part of the tour takes place in the three cities of Kathmandu - Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur. You will visit ancient temples, monuments and palaces during this leg. Major sites include the three Durbar Squares of three cities, like Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square and Bhaktapur Durbar Square and other temples and stupas like, Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa, etc.
You will visit Chitwan after finishing you valley tour. The Chitwan National Park lies in the district. The park is home to the endangered one horned rhinoceros, royal Bengal tiger, gharial, leopard, wild boar, asiatic rock python, deer, bear and hundreds of other species of animals and birds. You will enjoy boating in the Rapti river and take part in jungle safari inside the National Park. The cultural show and dance of the Tharu people is another highlight of the trek.
The third and final part of our journey includes trekking to Poon Hill. We will first travel to Pokhara - the city of lakes. We will take a short drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and start our trek from the place. Poon Hill is famous for its mesmerizing sunrise and panoramic view of the mountains. The trek provides us opportunity to explore the rich flora fauna diversity of the Annapurna region.
Route Summary: Kathmandu - Chitwan- Pokhara - Ghorepani- poon Hill - Pokhara- Kathmandu
Best Season: September to December and February to May
We prioritize your safety all the time while traveling with Ambition Himalaya Treks & Expeditions. We want our valuable guests and staffs to be safe thus we have given full authority to your tour leaders to modify, cancel or update any part of the itinerary if it is considered necessary due to safety concerns. Ambition Himalaya promises that we will do our best to stick with planned itinerary. However, natural disasters, weather disturbances, health conditions or any other mishap may force us to change the planned itinerary and we hope you understand these concerns. Our leaders will give you necessary information and discuss with you before changing the itinerary.
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300 m/4,264 ft) transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing ( Soyambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa, Pasupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Sqaure)
Day 03: Patan and Bhaktapur sightseeing.
Day 04: Drive to Chitwan by tourist bus 5-6 hours drive
Day 05: Full day Wildlife activities in Chitwan National Park.
Day 06: Morning activities and drive to Pokhara by tourist bus.
day 07: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tikhedhunga (1,577 m/5,173 ft), one hour drive and four hours of walk.
Day 08: Trek to Ghorepani (2,850 m/9,350 ft), 5-6 hours of walk.
Day 09: Poon Hill hike and trek to Tadapani (2,540 m/8,332 ft), 6-7 hours of walk.
Day 10: Tadapani to Kimche and drive to Pokhara (823 m),4-5 hours of walk and 2 hours drive
Day 11: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300 m/4,264 ft), 6-7 hours.
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu.
Read in details what’s included and what’s not included.
- Arrival and departure by private transport
- Complimentary welcome or farewell dinner in Nepali cultural restaurant
- 4 Night standard tourist hotels in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 Nights standard hotels in Pokhara with breakfast
- Kathmandu- Chitwan-Pokhara -Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Pokhara to Nayapul & return by private vehicle before and after trek
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek
- Accommodation on teahouse/lodge during the trek
- Well trained English speaking guides (including his salary, accommodation, meal, transportation and insurance).
- For groups over 6 people – assistant guide (including their salary, accommodation, meal, transportation and insurance).
- All National park & Conservation entry fees & permit
- 2 night 3 days Chitwan Package trip. (With activities, guides, accommodation and food)
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley with tour guide by private car and driver
- Pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu before the trek
- Government taxes and off
- Overseas airfare and visa fees ($30 for 15 days, $50 for 30 days and $ 125 for 90 days
- Monuments entrance free in Kathmandu sightseeing
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- If you need porter in trekking we provide with extra cost
- Personal travel insurance & helicopter evacuation
- Items of a personal nature (personal gear, Wi-fi, Battery charge telephone calls,Bar and beverages, internet, laundry etc.)
- Tips for driver, guides and porters.
- Any additional expenses due to unforeseen circumstances
Equipment you need to bring
- Pair of trek boot, sleeping bag, down jacket, pullovers, neck scarf for evening/night/morning.
- Sun hat and casual warm clothes for day.
- Some pairs of good quality socks, slippers, suntan lotions, personal medications etc.
Want to change this itinerary and create your own private experience? We will help you customize your holiday.Expert Help
OUR GROUP JOINING DEPARTURES
If You want to join this group you can search below...
* Private trip departure everyday
Why Choose Us
- Family Holidays
- Experienced guide & porters
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Personal care & best customer service
- All guaranteed departures
- 24/7 Support & no hidden cost
- Over 100 Holidays packages
- Competitive price
- Private tour depart everyday of the year
24/7 Customer Help
07:00 – 21:00 (All Days)